Skip to main content
Skip to navigation

This site is archival. Please visit for up-to-date content.

UPDATE: MU Officials Declare Lafferre Hall Lab Safe After Chemical Spill

August 18th, 2011

Story Contact: ,

COLUMBIA, Mo. ­— After cleaning a chemical spill that occurred in a laboratory in Lafferre Hall on Wednesday evening, University of Missouri officials from the Department of Environmental Health & Safety declared the room safe and released it back to the researcher this morning.

While the cause of the spill is still under investigation, MU officials have identified some of the chemicals involved in the spill. Those chemicals included potassium hydroxide, aluminum, copper sulfate, acetone, methanol and isopropyl alcohol. Acetone, methanol and isopropyl alcohol are common cleaning solvents.

No injuries resulted from the spill.